Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Clean Lunch Ideas For On-The-Go

Ok..... so admit it! It's a pain in the butt to prepare a lunch sometimes, so you simply pull through the drive thru for a quick bite to eat. What I want to help people with is not only healthier food choices, but your BUDGET as well!

So often friends tell me "I can't afford this", but yet buy their lunches and snacks every day without even thinking about it. Why? Convenience! If we do a little bit of prep work, then it is very possible and you will be amazed at how your bank account will PROVE it to you! :)

I put together some of my favorite quick fix lunch ideas for you and I want to share them. They are all "clean" so you don't have to worry about eating them if you are watching preservatives, additives, etc.. I'd love to hear your feedback on these and I would love it if you shared of few of your own ideas with us here on the blog. Feel free to comment below.

Tuna Salad
~~~~~~~~~~
1 can tuna
1 slice of onion chopped
Craisans
Avocado
Romaine lettuce

Turkey Chili
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ground turkey 1 packet
1 large can tomato sauce
2 cans black beans (low sodium) DO NOT DRAIN
Fresh salsa
Onion
Pepper
1 packet McCormick Chili Seasoning

Chicken salad
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grilled chicken cubed
lettuce
avocado
tomato
bacon crumbled (real bacon)
olive oil
salt/pepper to taste

Hummus Chicken Lettuce Wraps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Romaine leaves
Grilled chicken
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Spread hummus on a full leaf of lettuce. Top with chicken and roll up.

Pork n' Beans with Rice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grilled pork chops
Pinto beans
Brown rice

Ok so you probably see a pattern with my meat right? Well, what's easier than to buy a full back of meat and grill it for the week? It really doesn't take that long. If you don't have a grill then prepare it in the oven. Simplicity is the key to success. Don't overthink it.

Pick out foods you LOVE and make it work. If you don't know how to make a healthy version of the foods you like then message me! I'd love to help! Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment