Friday, May 16, 2014

Who Needs Crystal Light When You Have Infused Water!!!!?!?!?!



Now I know ALL TOO WELL how addictive Crystal Light is. If you were to have asked me last year if I drank a lot of water I would have said YES!!! Of course!!! After all, I drank bottles of water but they were all filled with a packet of CRYSTAL LIGHT! haha Yes, you know exactly what I mean. I ask people all of the time "how much water do you drink?" They reply "oh lots", but then when you dig deeper it is sweet tea, coffee, lemonade, etc... They all say "well, it is made with water"

This is the same mindset I had. Until I broke that habit, I did not lose weight. I swear that artificial sweeteners make you fat and help store the fat. Once I started drinking REAL WATER then I started to lose. So, how can we make water with a little flavor at home? There are a ton of great infused water ideas on Pinterest, but I'm just going to share how I made mine today. My 2 year old helped me and had a great time doing it. As you can see in this video....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203711809297350

 
Here is my personal recipe:
 
 
1 pitcher of distilled water
1 handful of mint leaves
4 long squirts of lime juice
1 large orange sliced
Stevia, optional
Ice
 
Believe me, you will not need crystal light once you have had this! The only problem is everyone will want to steal it from you! Don't be surprised if you open the frig and there isn't any left. :) Try it and let me know what you think! By the way, I had this mint in my garden. It comes back every year even after the snow. If not contained it will take over your garden! I've got a ton! 

No comments:

Post a Comment