Friday, May 2, 2014

Detox Prep - Mentally Prepare Yourself

If you have ever done a detox longer than just 1 day... you know it takes some mental prep! When you like food like I do, it's not easy to just stop things cold turkey. That's why I've tried to cut back on things little by little. One of the things that will be harder these next 3 weeks is having to prepare more foods.Prep work = time. Time is something I don't have a lot of to spare.

I know my husband also and if I don't prepare it ahead, he will have a harder time sticking with it too. So, what's my plan? I'm making my shopping list and tomorrow plan to get it all done. Then, I will prepare what I can tomorrow evening to start the week strong. I also have a schedule I have to follow with supplements. I have to take certain ones within a timed period before we eat. It is definitely a learning curve.

You want to know the hardest parts for me? Here's my things that I am a little worried about:
- Failing to follow directions
- Hoping I don't blow it and the $ I've put into doing this
- Preparing the food ahead of time and having what I need when I'm hungry
- Having the will power to say no to foods I will be offered

I'm honestly thinking of this more like a "fast". I'm giving my body only what it needs and not foods that I am simply used to eating because I like them. I'm going to have even more dependence on God to give me the strength to do this for 3 weeks. I may be the grumpiest person that first week! haha

Either way, if you decide to do a detox, take the time and prepare yourself. Think about what you will and will not be eating. Give yourself extra rest. With my detox we don't exercise for 3 weeks. That's always been my outlet for additional stress so I will need to give myself some extra quiet time. (if I can lock myself in the bathroom long enough lol)

Stay tuned! More to come! We are almost there!


No comments:

Post a Comment