Thursday, February 6, 2014

No Plan No Dinner?! No Way!!!

Hey friends! So today was one of those days that just got away from me. You would think with a large family I could keep it together at least for meals, but nope! :) I still have a lot to learn! Haha so, here I stand in my kitchen at 5:15 figuring out what to cook when groceries are low. So, tonight I have some chicken, peppers, mozzarella, and tortillas. So.... It's quesadilla night in the Ashley house! I'm missing my secret ingredient..... Artichokes..... But I'm sure they will still be yummy.

Sam's Quesadillas:

Chicken breasts, strips, or whatever you have.
Red/yellow peppers
Onion chopped
Mozzarella shredded
Artichokes, canned (if you have them)
Flour tortillas
1T minced garlic
Salt/pepper

Cook chicken in a skillet with garlic, salt, and pepper until fully cooked. Pull apart with forks. Then add in chopped onion for a minute or two and stir on med heat. Pour chicken and onions in a bowl then throw thinly sliced peppers on heat to brown a little with artichokes chopped. Add that to chicken and onions and wipe down skillet with a paper towel. Allow the skillet to get warm on medium heat. Spray with olive oil. Lay out a flour tortilla and cover 1/2 with mozzarella. Top with 2 spoons of chicken mix then top with another layer of mozzarella. Fold other half over and place on skillet. Brown both sides then remove. Only takes a minute or less per side until its crunchy. Top with sour cream and salsa!












No comments:

Post a Comment