Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Not Your Usual Chicken Enchiladas

Happy snowy Wednesday! This mama didn't load up at the store before the storm so we are going to play the game "Clean Out Your Pantry!" First, trying to put ingredients together is not always easy. Here's what I found that I had tonight that might just do the trick...

Tyson all natural chicken strips
Vegan black bean soup
Ezekiel tortillas
Plain Greek yogurt
Shredded cheese
Cream cheese
Enchilada sauce

I decided to try a recipe on my own because in this family they know I like to break out of the cookbooks and create my own twist to things. So, here we go!

Add the following to the wok:
1T minced garlic
1t pepper
Cook chicken tenders and pull apart with forks

Added water to cup of soup and cooked

Poured some enchilada sauce in bottom of dish. Lined bottom of pan with tortillas. Top with softened cream cheese, chicken, and top with black bean soup and shredded cheese. Layer 3 times. Bake on 425 for 10 min. Top with plain Greek yogurt.

Family rated A-A+

Try it and let me know what you think!

Some days you just have to be a little creative. For me it's all about prep time. I don't cook anything that takes longer than 30 minutes. With church, family life, and every day activities I just don't have the time to devote to preparing meals. I would rather spend another half hour eating with the kids and talking about the day. Remember, there are always fun ways you can change up your menu! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment