Monday, October 27, 2014

Eating Healthy - Weekly Menu To Eat Clean

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! I told you all earlier HORMONES ARE THE DEVIL! haha I was SO close to my personal goal and now took a step backwards due to the side effects I got from the medication the doctor put me on. So, that means I just need to take my health and kick my habits up a notch to compensate for the added "cushion" I've got now.

www.samaraashley.com


I'm entering the BEAST MODE now and pushing myself to higher standards. No more cheat meals for the next few weeks until I see changes in my energy, weight, and overall health.

Have you ever been there? Had something change and knew you were going to have to make changes to feel better?

Ok here we go!

For the next few weeks, I'm implementing an "eating similar" plan. This means that I will not have ANY guess work into my foods. No questioning "oh what will I eat today?" No going through the drive thru just because I "don't have anything at home". Nope, it's time to crack down on the craziness!

Here are my routine foods this week:

Breakfast: 1/2 cups oats cooked with water, berries of my choice, and topped with a little stevia or honey

Snack: apple or banana (can have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter if I want)

Lunch: SHAKEOLOGY - I have drank this every day for over a year and LOVE how it makes me feel (if you don't know what it is ask me)

Snack: Veggies and hummus or 10 almonds (natural/no salt)

Dinner: Here is my dinner menu for this week

Monday - Chicken Chili - Ground chicken, northern beans, pintos, tomato sauce, spices
Tuesday - Veggie Stir Fry - add meat for my family (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, water chestnuts)
Wednesday - Family eats at church so I will have a Shakeology to be easy since I'll be running out the door
Thursday - Turkey burgers or Venison
Friday - Taco night
Saturday - Grilled chicken with roasted veggies
Sunday - Shakeology for dinner instead of lunch

Make a menu and stick with it. Everything I make takes less than 30 minutes for dinner so even if I don't prep anything during the day.... who cares! It can still be done! Feeding 7 people is no easy task. We NEVER have leftovers for me to eat the next day no matter how much I make. So do what works best for you :) Hope this helps! You can also check out my CLEAN EATING page on pinterest for more recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment