Monday, September 15, 2014

How To Make Your Toilet Sparkle

All you people out there that actually clean your own toilets listen up! :) Whether you have well water or city water those annoying rings that are stained into the porcelain get sooooo annoying! I for one do NOT want to put my hand any deeper into the toilet than I have to, so I've asked many of my friends to share their secrets to a sparkly toilet bowl!

Yes, I'm totally serious! 5 years ago I may not have been interested in it, but in my 30's I'm totally wanting to have a clean, fresh, sparkly home. Does this always happen??

NO WAY!!! Try keeping up with 7 people in and out of the house all day. Sports clothes, school clothes, shoes, backpacks, toys, .... you name it!

So, I'm going to focus on finding new ways to keep things picked up and clean and I'll be sharing this with you!

So here are the ideas I was given:

Bleach left in the toilet overnight

Vinegar/Baking soda

Coke

Pumice stone

Dawn dish soap with vinegar and baking soda

Kaboom cleaner

Magic Eraser



This was just a FEW of the suggestions. I can't even begin to list all of the great ideas I was given. So, I needed to put this to the test. First the magic eraser. This was simple because it says to simply drop it in the toilet and leave it in overnight. I already had a magic eraser so I figured why not?!

I dropped it in the toilet and came back this morning to find..... the same ring around the toilet bowl. So, I had to stick my hand in the toilet to get it out (which I hate doing) and then went on to the next step!

PUMICE STONE!!!

Who would've thought! Luckily, I didn't have to go and buy one because I had a new one at home. It took about 2-3 minutes and I rubbed it all over the stains. Take a look at the pic!

Of course I still wanted the SPARKLE! Even though the ring was gone now I wanted it to smell fresh and clean. I also wanted that sparkly bowl look :)

So.... I found some KABOOM in the house and not only did it do the job, but it smells good too! AND.... My 2 year old thought the purple color was cool!

There you go! Easy quick way to a sparkly clean toilet! Now.... I have to go finish the other 3 toilets in the house.

A mom's job is NEVER done! Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment