Friday, September 5, 2014

5 Minute Homemade Salsa

Ok friends! I don't know about your family, but mine can eat through a jar of salsa at one dinner. They LOVE it and it's not always cheap. On top of that, the jarred salsas can come with so many artificial ingredients. So.... this week I was given a large amount of fresh garden tomatoes (thank you to whoever gave them to my hubby) and I wanted to make my first ever salsa. 

I asked friends to send me the recipes of their favorites and then I finally just decided to make it to my own liking which is pretty much how I cook every meal. I don't measure. I don't follow directions. I simply cook by taste.


So, here is what I came up with and I LOVE it!

Using a food processor.....

Fill food processor with as many tomatoes as you can fit without squeezing
Add 2-3 Vidalia Onions
1 large handful of fresh cilantro
2 jalapenos with seeds out
3 Tablespoons minced garlic
a few short squeezes of lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Pulse about 7 times until large chunks are gone. 

Yep! That's it! So stinkin' easy right?! Wait til you taste it! It's not the thick chunky salsa you get in the store, but rather more like a restaurant style. Don't expect it be around long! If you want more of a kick to it you can add another jalapeno or a touch of vinegar. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment